Connecting With Cuba’s Living History: An All-Women Journey
Group Travel | 6 Days
- Explore historic Havana and UNESCO World Heritage-listed Viñales Valley
- Meet women entrepreneurs in Cuban fashion, food, arts, and academia
- Dine in the home of contemporary Cuban artist Mabel Poblet
- Gain insight from a female economist, museum curator, and sociologist
- See colonial Cuban architecture, modern art galleries, and beautiful countryside
Spellbinding, romantic, colonial, warmhearted, and complex―Cuba inspires the imagination with often-used descriptors like these. Focus on the country’s female perspective as you join a small group of eight women on a journey to the capital and countryside with Havana resident Kalea Wiseman at the helm. Exclusive meetings with the island’s artists, academics, and entrepreneurs introduce you to the newest restaurants, galleries, and music venues, opening a window into Cuba’s deep history, thriving arts, and regional cuisine. Take a daylong hiatus from Havana into the Viñales Valley to experience life on a family tobacco farm and hike through the breathtaking landscape.
1 – 3
Explore Havana on foot, enjoying local music and cuisine Meet inspiring female professionals—a restaurant owner, Cuban fashion brand founders, and a local economist.
Amid stunning limestone outcroppings, spend the day in Viñales Valley, where you learn about the tobacco trade Option to take a gentle hike or explore the town square and market.
5 – 6
Back in the capital, visit up-and-coming art galleries, meeting emerging creatives and masters on the Cuban art scene Professional dancers demonstrate the evolution of Cuban dance, after which you can partake in a short lesson.
Dates & Prices
02/18/20 – 02/23/20
From $5975 (Group Trip)
Single supplement: $715
If you're interested in a group departure for both men and women, see Connecting With Cuba's Living History.
If you're traveling with your family, see our Cuba Family Explorer, which we'll customize to your family's wishes.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader, local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance