Costa Rica Family Discovery
Custom Travel | 9 Days
- Rain forest, cloud forest, and coastal biodiversity
- Family-friendly hiking, paddleboarding, and kayaking
- Conservation-focused sea turtle and reforestation fun
- Wildlife watching: tree frogs, toucans, sloths, monkeys
- Scenic short flights, and luxurious eco-lodges
Costa Rica is a natural paradise unsurpassed in wildlife and adventure. We’ve been delighting in its diversity and surprises for some 20 years and have designed this exhilarating—and completely customizable—family adventure where sustainability and conservation are a large part of the fun. Active excursions, such as surfing Pacific waves and night walks in the rain forest are interspersed with freeing sea turtles, gathering data about cetaceans, and planting mangrove seeds to combat deforestation. We tie it all together with easy scenic flights, overnights at exquisite family-friendly eco-lodges, and ample relaxation time. This itinerary is a starting point—your trip will be designed just for you.
The trip had the perfect combination of restful luxury, kid fun, and educational adventure! Every transitional link in the trip—be it lodging, waterfall rappelling, vehicular transportation, internal airfare—went without a hitch. We never waited or scratched our heads or had to call someone... Every reservation was perfect... We felt incredibly well cared for.– CAROL S.
1 – 2
Touch down in San José Drive to Monteverde Institute for an introduction to sustainability and conservation practices in the cloud forest Participate in a reforestation program and enjoy a garden-to-table lunch.
Look for hummingbirds, butterflies, monkeys, and sloths in the orchid-laden Monteverde Cloud Forest, home to the rare resplendant quetzal Switch on your flashlight for a tantalizing nighttime walk in the jungle.
4 – 6
A scenic flight to the lesser-visited Osa Peninsula transports you to untouched beaches and tropical rain forest A host of activities include naturalist-led birding, surf lessons, night hikes, and baby sea turtle release with conservationists.
7 – 9
A boat whisks you to your Golfo Dulce eco-lodge for snorkeling and mangrove kayaking Gather data on dolphin populations with biologists and ramble through the rain forest keeping an eye out for scarlet macaws and white-faced monkeys Fly to San José for homeward flights.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered December–April & June–August
From $6375 per adult, $5245 per child (Custom Trip)
Internal air: From $375 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance