Group Travel | 12 Days
- Meet Colombian chefs, coffee growers, traditional cooks, and rum experts who introduce the food scene
- Private access to Bogotá’s Gold Museum and David Mazur’s atelier; private gallery dinner
- Hike through the Colombian countryside for a traditional meal in the colonial town of Guane
- Discover traditional Andean music with a tiple (guitar-style instrument) performance
- Explore pre-Colombian megalithic gods and mythical animals at UNESCO-listed San Agustín
- Residents reveal Colombian street art, social regeneration, historic districts, and revitalized neighborhoods
In the midst of a new era in its history, Colombia is settling in to peacetime again after more than fifty years of internal conflict. Now is the time to dive deeper into the country’s multifarious treasures, to go beyond the traditional tourist route with one-on-one encounters and insider experiences. Thanks to a deeper understanding gathered on each excursion, brilliant cities like Bogotá, Medellín, and Cartagena dazzle even more brightly in topics like history, social regeneration, the arts, and cuisine. Further afield we delve into archaeology in the pre-Colombian sculpture park at San Agustín park and the traditional lifestyle and colonial architecture of Barichara.
1 – 2
Arrive in Bogotá and explore the history, politics, and street art of La Candelaria district After-hours visit to the Gold Museum, Paloquemao Market with a local chef, and the Botero Museum.
3 – 4
Visit a plantation empowering rural women in San Agustín and learn to cook with local ingredients Wander massive carved stone monuments at a pre-Colombian UNESCO World Heritage site guided by an archaeologist.
5 – 7
Renowned artist David Manzur opens his Barichara atelier to us, followed by a garden tiple performance at our private villa Ride tuk tuks to an organic coffee farm for a tour and tasting Hike between Barichara and Guane, exploring colonial architecture, local artisans, and regional delicacies.
8 – 9
Meet graffiti artists and culinary educators, helping to revitalize the neighborhoods of Comuna 13 and Miraflores, guided by local residents.
10 – 12
Fly to Cartagena and walk the Getsemaní neighborhood, learning about Spanish colonization, pirate sieges, and Cartagena's festive culture, then walk one of the oldest quarters of this UNESCO-listed colonial city with a local historian Finish the trip with a private rum and cacao tasting.
Dates & Prices
03/19/21 – 03/30/21
Please check back for 2021 pricing.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of national and local guides, drivers, and other staff
- All gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Postcard from ColombiaRead More
Flying High: Best Helicopter Tours In The WorldRead More
Places We Love: Top Travel Destinations In The World for 2019Read More
Where We’re Going in 2019: Great Travel Destinations & MoreRead More
UNESCO’s World Heritage: What It Means & Why It MattersRead More
Falling in Love with Solo TravelRead More