Luxury Group Travel | 10 Days
- Meet Colombian chefs, coffee growers, traditional cooks, and rum experts who introduce the food scene
- Private dinner at one of Bogotá‘s top galleries
- Hike through the Colombian countryside for a traditional meal in the colonial town of Guane
- Discover traditional Andean music with a tiple (guitar-style instrument) performance
- Residents reveal Colombian street art, social regeneration, historic districts, and revitalized neighborhoods
In the midst of a new era in its history, Colombia is settling in to peacetime again after more than fifty years of internal conflict. Now is the time to dive deeper into the country’s multifarious treasures, to go beyond the traditional tourist route with one-on-one encounters and insider experiences. Thanks to a deeper understanding gathered on each excursion, brilliant cities like Bogotá, Medellín, and Cartagena dazzle even more brightly in topics like history, social regeneration, the arts, and cuisine. Further afield we delve into the traditional lifestyle and colonial architecture of Barichara.
1 – 2
Arrive in Bogotá and explore the history, politics, and street art of La Candelaria district Visit the Paloquemao Market with a local chef, and the Botero Museum.
3 – 5
Enjoy a garden tiple performance at our private villa Ride tuk tuks to an organic coffee farm for a tour and tasting Hike between Barichara and Guane, exploring colonial architecture, local artisans, and regional delicacies.
6 – 7
Meet graffiti artists and culinary educators, helping to revitalize the neighborhoods of Comuna 13 and Miraflores, guided by local residents.
8 – 10
Fly to Cartagena and walk the Getsemaní neighborhood, learning about Spanish colonization, pirate sieges, and Cartagena's festive culture, then walk one of the oldest quarters of this UNESCO-listed colonial city with a local historian Finish the trip with a private rum and cacao tasting.
11 – 13
Optional extension to Tayrona National Park Hike through tropical forest and swim in a Caribbean bay Take a river safari, watching for wildlife and stopping to explore the Tayronaka ruins.
Dates & Prices
03/18/22 – 03/27/22
08/26/22 – 09/04/22
Group Trip: From $6,775 per person
Optional Tayrona extension (4 days): From $1,980 per person
based on double occupancy
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of national and local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Where GeoEx Travel Experts Are Dreaming of Going in 2021Read More
Postcard from ColombiaRead More
Flying High: Best Helicopter Tours In The WorldRead More
Places We Love: Top Travel Destinations In The World for 2019Read More
Where We’re Going in 2019: Great Travel Destinations & MoreRead More
UNESCO’s World Heritage: What It Means & Their ImportanceRead More