Colombia Redefined: An All-Women Journey
Group Travel | 12 Days
- Get perspective, talking with female residents, chefs, business women, and artists
- Taste Colombia’s food scene through market visits, farm-to-table dining, top restaurants, coffee tastings, regional delicacies, and a cooking lesson
- Explore pre-Colombian history with an archaeologist at UNESCO-listed San Agustín and an exclusive after-hours visit to Bogotá’s Gold Museum
- Learn about the revitalization of Colombia’s cities through success stories of women entrepreneurs and activists
- Revel in colonial architecture, street art, and daily life with walking tours, tuk tuk excursions, and an optional bicycle outing
On this special women-only departure, Bogotá native Angelina Guerrero introduces your group to the women of this changing nation, with exploratory moments, bridging cultural and historical gaps on the journey with her well rounded knowledge of the country and its place in the world. Thanks to a deeper understanding gathered on each excursion, brilliant cities like Bogotá, Medellín, and Cartagena dazzle even more brightly in topics like history, social regeneration, the arts, and cuisine. Further afield we delve into archaeology in the pre-Colombian sculpture park at San Agustín park and the traditional lifestyle and colonial architecture of Barichara.
1 – 2
Arrive in Bogotá and explore the history, politics, and street art of La Candelaria district After-hours visit to the Gold Museum, Paloquemao Market with a female chef, and an artist-led tour of art made from melted FARC weapons.
3 – 4
Visit a plantation empowering rural women in San Agustín and learn to cook with local ingredients Wander massive carved stone monuments at a pre-Colombian UNESCO World Heritage site guided by an archaeologist.
5 – 7
Renowned artist David Manzur opens his Barichara atelier to us, followed by a garden tiple performance at our private villa Bicycle to a local school with women guides who help finance purchase of bikes for rural schoolchildren Hike between Barichara and Guane, exploring colonial architecture, local artisans, and regional delicacies.
8 – 9
Meet graffiti artists and local residents, helping to revitalize the neighborhoods of Comuna 13 and Moravia, and discuss the changes over lunch with women from Moravia.
10 – 12
Fly to Cartagena and walk the Getsemaní neighborhood, learning about Spanish colonization, pirate sieges, and Cartagena's festive culture Tour Bazurto Market with a chef, then learn to cook some Cartagena dishes inside the old walled city.
Dates & Prices
Please note: There are no 2020 departures as this trip only runs every other year. If you are interested in joining a 2021 group trip, please call us at 1-888-570-7108.
From $10,565 per person (Group Trip)
Single supplement: $1,090
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of national and local guides, drivers, and other staff
- All gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Postcard from ColombiaRead More
Flying High: Best Helicopter Tours In The WorldRead More
Places We Love: Top Travel Destinations In The World for 2019Read More
Where We’re Going in 2019: Great Travel Destinations & MoreRead More
UNESCO’s World Heritage: What It Means & Why It MattersRead More
Falling in Love with Solo TravelRead More