Essence of China
Custom | 14 Days | Easy Touring
- Immerse yourself in China's essence with special-access visits
- Explore Beijing's iconic sites, including the Great Wall and Forbidden City
- Astonishing Chinese Buddhist art at Longmen Grottoes, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Excursions by bike and raft, and time with local families and rice farmers
In just two weeks, Essence of China captures much of what endlessly excites us about this huge, galactically diverse country. In addition to the iconic places you'll see—Beijing, Pingyao, Xian, Guilin, Yangshuo, Longsheng, and Shanghai—our China celebrants have arranged a number of rare visits and performances, lined up meals at brilliant restaurants (simple local spots and urban sophisticates), and chosen a number of the country’s most intelligently conceived hotels.
We found the trip to be a wonderful experience and plan to return to China at a future date. We would recommend GeoEx as the perfect travel partner.– Arny P.
Arriving in Beijing, discover the Great Wall, the Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square, and other wonders with your private guide.
Make your way into the mountainous Shanxi Province to reach Pingyao, an extraordinarily well-preserved town and UNESCO World Heritage Site that catapults you back in time.
A flight whisks you to Xian to commune with the astonishing Terracotta Warriors Delight in special access to the Tang Dynasty frescoes and stop at the oft-forgotten Hanyanling Museum.
After flying to Guilin, cruise on the Li River among lyric limestone karsts, stroll in an authentic fishing village, and bike the lanes behind Yangshuo, experiencing quiet daily life.
While hiking through the Dragon’s Backbone Rice Terraces of Longsheng, your guide points out the remarkably intricate designs and explains why they took 400 years to shape.
Fly to Shanghai, the country's commercial center, and get a sense of the dislocations, advances, and yearnings of today's China Depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $10,775 per person (Custom Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance