Chad Explorer: Wildlife, Culture & Conservation
Group Travel | 9 Days
- Be one of the few to venture into Chad, home to extraordinary wildlife
- Travel with two acclaimed Africa and wildlife experts
- Observe a herd of rehabilitated elephants and learn their conservation success story
- Visit with Sahelian belt nomads
- GeoEx’s exclusive group trip is limited to eight travelers
Venturing into a country wildly devoid of tourism, this pioneering journey explores Zakouma National Park, home to one of the world’s most diverse grassland ecosystems and a massive rehabilitated herd of elephants—a great conservation success story. “GeoEx is one of the few tour operators that has been awarded private, weeklong trips in the park,” explains GeoEx safari celebrant Starla Estrada, “and we’ve enlisted some truly incredible leaders, legends in their field.”
The abundance is incredible: Never have I seen so much wildlife in one area!!! The camp is quite nice, the food delicious, and the staff very friendly and helpful.– CINDY H.
1 – 2
After overnighting in N’Djamena, we fly to Zakouma National Park, where the Sahara borders the rain forest Settle into Camp Nomade, a tastefully appointed mobile camp.
3 – 8
Wildlife excursions in Zakouma National Park reveal elephants, red-fronted gazelles, Kordofan giraffes, and hundreds of bird species Gain insight into conservation efforts, rub elbows with villagers at the vibrant Kach-Kacha market, and visit with nomads of Arab descent whose families move in colorful camel trains.
A charter flight returns us to N'Djamena, and we catch our flights home or onward.
Dates & Prices
Please call for trip dates.
Please call for trip pricing.
To see more of Chad, ask about combining this trip with Chad's Ennedi: A Celebration of Sandstone.
Great for Solo Travelers: If you're traveling alone, you'll be able to share the wonders of the region with fellow travelers and the remarkable guides on this trip. Plus, the single supplement has been waived; call us for more details.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of GeoEx trip leaders, professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance