Remote Rain Forests & Coasts of British Columbia
Custom | 7 Days | Easy to Moderate Touring and Active
- An outdoor adventure designed for you that connects remote luxury lodgings by seaplane
- Soak up monumental nature: eagles, bears, whales, and other wildlife
- Explore giant rain forests, rugged coastlines, and pristine waters with expert guides
- Activity options include heli-hiking, kayaking, fishing, and horseback riding
- Visit with First Nations peoples
Atop a ridge in British Columbia, we're struck with awe. Untamed ranges with snowcapped peaks stretch out endlessly in one direction. In the other, a forested coast tumbles into the Pacific in a maze of islands, fjords, and bays. This spellbinding realm seems like ours alone to explore, dazzling us with enormous cedars, glacial-fed streams, and a panoply of active wildlife. To share these remote rain forests and coasts with GeoEx travelers, we've hand-selected four wonderfully hard-to-reach, exclusive lodgings—three eco-conscious wilderness retreats and a small expedition yacht—each with understated luxury, top-notch service, delectable cuisine, and superb access to the outdoors.
Thank you so much once again for a wonderful experience. I will continue to travel with GeoEx in the future. You make every step of the way stress free.– Karen L.
We'll work with you to shape the itinerary that suits you best, whether that means 7 days or 21, adrenaline-fueled outings or more leisurely endeavors. Most importantly, we'll handle the tricky logistics (such as coordinating seaplanes) to get you from one place to another in a way that makes sense.
In the Bella Coola Valley, you may hike through old-growth forest, gazing up at evergreen cathedrals. Floating down the Atnarko River through the Great Bear Rainforest, you may spot grizzlies feasting on spawning salmon.
Heading to Nimmo Bay, you might boat to a First Nations village to see totem poles, meet local carvers, and hear stories passed from generation to generation. Next could be kayaking past bald eagles to a gourmet picnic before going heli-fishing at a far-flung stream for coho and chinook salmon or rainbow trout.
Perhaps then you'll go on a cruise through the protected waters of Desolation Sound, carved by glaciers centuries ago, watching pods of gracefully arching orcas and leaping porpoises from the boat before exploring the shore by bike and all-terrain scooter.
You may cap off your trip in Clayoquot Sound, horseback riding through lush fern groves to an abandoned mining town before helicoptering up to a private luxury camp 4500 feet above sea level for stellar high-alpine hikes and nights by a crystalline lake that you (and your private chef) have all to yourself.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered May–October
From $11,000 (Custom Trip)
(above price is an estimate only, based on a seven-day journey for two travelers sharing a room)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance