Ice Bear Explorer
Group Travel | 11 Days
- Polar bear and walrus sightings, Arctic flora, and natural history
- Expedition cruise aboard a luxury ice-strengthened ship with room for flexibility and spontaneity
- Explorations by kayak, Zodiac, and foot
- Superlative photo ops and on-board photo assistance
- Expedition team to illuminate it all
An archipelago lost in the High Arctic about halfway between continental Norway and the North Pole, Svalbard is one of the best places on earth to see polar bears. During this adventure by luxury polar expedition ship, you watch for the majestic creatures and take in spectacular glaciers, kayak through deep fjords, weave among towering icebergs by Zodiac, and spot other wildlife, such as reindeer, walruses, and seals. Sightings are put into context by experts on board, as well as by visits to museums and galleries that inform about Norway, the Arctic, Norwegian explorers, and contemporary local artists.
1 – 2
Travel to Oslo, Norway, and visit the Fram Museum and Vigeland Sculpture Park.
A charter flight whisks you to Longyearbyen, where you spend time at the Svalbard Museum and galleries to learn about life in the Arctic and Norwegian artists Board ship, settle into your cabin, and embark.
4 – 9
Aboard a luxury expedition ship, explore the Svalbard archipelago, watching for wildlife: polar bears, reindeers, and walruses, as well as seals and arctic foxes Venture to stunning tidewater glaciers and kayak, Zodiac, and hike to get even closer to beautiful icebergs, incredible geology, and amazing flora and fauna.
10 – 11
Disembark in Longyearbyen and head to the nearby Advent Valley for a taste of Arctic culture, including meeting sled dogs and seeing traditional tents of the Sami people Fly back to Oslo and overnight before catching homeward flights.
Dates & Prices
04/26/21 – 05/06/21
05/03/21 – 05/13/21
05/10/21 – 05/20/21
05/17/21 – 05/27/21
From $11,750 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Shore landings, presentations, and activities per the vessel’s daily program
- Most meals
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of an expedition leader, lecturers/naturalists, and support staff during voyage
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance