Group Travel | 12 Days
- Into the Arctic by elegant Golden Eagle train
- Savor spectacular scenery in Russia and Norway
- Tour museums, monuments, and churches in St. Petersburg and Moscow
- Watch for the aurora borealis
- Seasonal options include a White Nights celebration or snow hotel stay
“This trip is for travelers in search of the extraordinary,” says our Linda De La Torre, champion of this celebratory Arctic Circle rail journey. A comfortable, en-suite train carries you into the planet’s far northerly reaches, lit up by the Northern Lights in winter. Along the way, you explore St. Petersburg and Moscow, as well as charming villages, all animated by the season’s festivities—from snowy adornments to Christmas décor to White Night celebrations.
1 – 3
Discover St. Petersburg, “Venice of the North,” seeing iconic sites such as Catherine's Palace and St. Issac's Cathedral.
4 – 5
The Golden Eagle train takes you across the Arctic Circle to Kirkenes, Norway, where you may opt for a night at the illustrious Snow Hotel.
6 – 8
Seek out the Northern Lights, fish for king crab, and traverse frozen fjords by snowmobile-drawn sleigh Relax aboard the train as you travel to Murmansk, Russia.
9 – 12
Explore the historic villages of Petrozavodsk, Vladimir, and Suzdal en route to Moscow Tour Red Square and embark on a private viewing of the Kremlin Depart for home.
Dates & Prices
12/21/20 – 01/01/21 (Christmas departure; Moscow to St. Petersburg)
12/29/20 – 01/09/21 (New Year's departure; Moscow to St. Petersburg)
02/01/21 – 02/12/21 (St. Petersburg to Moscow)
12/29/21 – 01/09/22 (New Year's departure; Moscow to St. Petersburg)
02/01/22 – 02/12/22 (St. Petersburg to Moscow)
12/29/22 – 01/09/23 (New Year's departure; Moscow to St. Petersburg)
2020 Trips: From $12,995 per person
2021 Trips: From $13,495 per person
2022 Trips: Pricing available on request
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of an expedition leader, lecturers, and support staff during voyage
- Personal headsets on all off-train excursions
- All gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance