Art in Africa: Galleries, Murals & Private Collections
Custom | 13 Days | Easy Touring and Safari
- Insider access to South Africa’s finest private collections
- Explore street art masterpieces and meet the artists who’ve created them
- Spend time in Kenya at a superb safari lodge that has its own remarkable art collection
- Revel in the new Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art in Cape Town, making waves worldwide
GeoEx's Starla Estrada, an art lover and Africa aficionado, is thrilled to introduce aesthetic-minded travelers to South Africa's finest galleries, private collections, and exciting street art, as well as to a gem in Kenya that's beloved for a sensational cache of contemporary work. From Johannesburg and Cape Town to the Wine Country and a safari lodge nestled between Mount Kenya and the Great Rift Valley, you'll join expert guides and curators to view sculptures, paintings, and burgeoning art districts, to savor world-class wine and cuisine, and to revel in Africa's sensational wildlife. To top it all off: each luxurious hotel on this customizable itinerary has its own private art collection.
What I love about GeoEx, is the very collaborative approach to developing our experience... The entire process is fun, enlightening and exciting, even before we leave.– Andrea M.
Celebrate South Africa's artistic renaissance in Johannesburg, exploring compelling street art with expert Jo Buitendach and seeing traditional West and Central African pieces.
After flying to Cape Town, head to the Winelands to discover galleries and sculpture gardens, sampling excellent vintages along the way.
Your days in Cape Town feature a curator-led tour of Jochen Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art, conversations with collectors, and ambles in a warehouse district buzzing with young artists.
Fly to Segera, a Kenya safari lodge, to soak up rarely seen pieces of contemporary African art, meet the creative minds involved in his artist-in-residence program, and spot elephants, lions, antelopes, zebras, and other wildlife.
Your charter flight whisks you to Nairobi for homeward connections or further explorations (GeoEx is happy to make the arrangements).
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
Please check back for pricing information (Custom Trip).
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Flying High: Best Helicopter Tours In The WorldRead More
UNESCO’s World Heritage: What It Means & Why It MattersRead More
Staff Roundup: Unexpected WondersRead More
East African Family SafariRead More
The Importance of Travel in Turbulent (and Not So Turbulent) TimesRead More
A Happy Side Effect of TravelRead More