Option 1: Input 1012 Torney Avenue as your destination when requesting the ride.
- Enter the Tides Converge building at 1012 Torney Avenue
- Walk straight past the elevator on the left; turn left at the dead end
- Walk through the double glass doors and continue past the cafe on your left
- Turn right at the first long hallway on the right, across from the vending machines
- We are the third office on your right, with the Geographic Expeditions logo on the door.
Option 2: Input Edie Road as your destination when requesting the ride.
- Tell the driver you are looking for the large parking lot on Edie Road. The lot is flanked on the SE and SW by Tides Converge, the large white building complex in which GeoEx is located.
- The main doors to the building are unlocked during regular business hours, and you do not need special access to enter. We are located on the second floor. After entering through the glass door on the second floor, we are the first door on the right.
From downtown San Francisco (see map):
Take any westbound street to Van Ness Avenue. Turn right onto Van Ness toward the Golden Gate Bridge and follow it to Lombard Street. (Continue below.)
From US 101 heading North (from Van Ness Avenue):
When 101-North (Van Ness Avenue) reaches Lombard Street, turn left onto Lombard. Continue west on Lombard toward the Golden Gate Bridge. Once Lombard veers to the right, the street becomes Richardson Avenue; make sure you are in the far right lane. Take exit 437, Presidio/Marina Blvd. At the first light, turn left on Girard Road. Continue to Edie Road and turn left.
We are located in Tides Converge, the large white building complex on the right surrounding the parking lot. Pay for parking using one of the kiosks located throughout the lot. Look for the electronic directory near the signpost that lists Geographic Expeditions. Follow the instructions on the directory to reach Geographic Expeditions and we will buzz you into the building. We are located on the second floor. After entering through the glass door on the second floor, we are the first door on the right.
From the North Bay (see map):
Take US 101-South across the Golden Gate Bridge. Continue on US 101-South until you’ve driven through two short tunnels; make sure you’re in the far right lane by the time you drive through the second tunnel. Take exit 437, Presidio/Marina Blvd. At the first light, turn right on Girard Road. Turn left on Edie Road. We are located in Tides Converge, the large white building complex on the right surrounding the parking lot. Follow instructions above for parking and building access.
The Presidio is accessible by MUNI (415-673-6864) bus routes 41, 45, 82X and 30 (from downtown SF/Market Street), 28, 29 and 43 (from other points in the city). Only the 29 and 43 serve the Tides Converge building directly; others require a 5-10 minute walk from near the Lombard Street Presidio Gate. From the North Bay, several Golden Gate Transit (415-923-2000) buses also stop near the Lombard Gate. The PresidiGo Shuttle is a convenient nonstop ride from downtown. The downtown stop is located in front of the Embarcadero Hyatt hotel on Drumm Street. See the PresidiGo Shuttle website for more detailed information and schedules.