||Cultural Tour, River Cruising, Biking, Day Hiking, Kayaking
||Call 888-570-7108 for custom extension options
Imagine bicycling with your daughter past radiantly green rice fields, watching your son cast nets with Vietnamese fishermen, or practicing Tai Chi with your grandchildren by Hoan Kiem Lake. Vietnam is a natural and cultural marvel, perfectly suited for families to explore—and experience—together.
You'll kick off your adventure in dynamic Ho Chi Minh City (which we still lovingly call Saigon), delving into its vast underground tunnels, wandering its elegant boulevards, and exploring its bustling street food scene by scooter. Then fly to the astoundingly preserved seaport of Hoi An, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where you’ll join a chef to learn the basics of Vietnamese cooking. After hopping an overnight train to the beautifully rugged Sapa region, visit Hmong villagers and hike leisurely between hamlets and farms. Traveling east, a delicious three-day cruise in Halong Bay gives you the chance to discover limestone caves, kayak amid stunning karst formations, and lounge on deck. You'll return to Hanoi well rested and ready to tour the Old Quarter by cyclo, visit the celebrated 11th-century Van Mieu Pagoda, and get an inside look at the traditions of the country’s numerous ethnic groups at the superb Vietnam Museum of Ethnography.
See our brochure to compare all the
2013 GeoEx Family Trips ►
Itinerary at a Glance
- Days 1 & 2: Ho Chi Minh City exploring, with Cu Chi Tunnels
- Days 3 & 4: fly to Danang, drive to Hoi An, city tour, rice farm, fishing village
- Day 5: cooking class, fly to Hanoi, overnight train to Sapa region
- Days 6 & 7: hiking through Sapa farms and villages, overnight train to Hanoi
- Days 8–10: drive to Halong Bay; three-day cruise with swimming, kayaking, hiking, and spa time; drive to Hanoi
- Days 11 & 12: Hanoi sightseeing with temples and ethnology museum
- Day 13: flights home.