||Cultural Tour, Sailing, Day Hiking
||Call 888-570-7108 for custom extension options
Having trouble deciding between a historically rich destination and a summer-fun spot for your next family vacation? With Turkey, you don’t have to. This GeoEx Family Adventure from Istanbul to the Aegean weaves architectural treasures and ancient civilizations with pulsing markets and seafaring relaxation, all in the delightful company of our affable Turkish guide.
Your journey kicks off in Istanbul, where East meets West and there’s a marvelous sight around every corner, from a subterranean cistern to the lyrically gargantuan Aya Sofya. Then travel south, first to hilltop Șirince where you'll cook with a local family, then to Ephesus’ story-telling ruins. After exploring the ancient cities of Priene and Didyma, take to the sea, sailing and slumbering aboard your grand, private gulet. City bustle slows to coastal leisure and activity choices lay out before you as enticing as the azure Aegean. Swim, snorkel, and kayak; hike coastal bluffs with jaw-dropping vistas; visit seaside villages and turquoise coves; and discover Byzantine monasteries. Upon your return to Istanbul, cap off your trip with an eye-popping Whirling Dervish performance and a sensory-rich stroll through the Grand Bazaar, where—as in Turkey—there is something for everyone.
See our brochure to compare all the
2013 GeoEx Family Trips ►
Itinerary at a Glance
- Day 1: arrive Istanbul
- Days 2 & 3: explore old and new Istanbul by foot and boat
- Day 4: fly to Izmir, explore village of Șirince, cooking with local family
- Day 5: Ephesus ruins, local farmers' market, train museum
- Day 6: explore the ancient city of Priene and the temple of Apollo at Didyma, board gulet
- Day 7: ancient Kaunos, Iztuzu Beach
- Days 8–10: Aegean snorkeling, swimming, hiking, sailing
- Day 11: fly to Istanbul, private Bosphorus cruise
- Day 12: fly home.