||Trains, Cultural Tour
||Call 888-570-7108 for custom extension options
This very special trip is the winter edition of the Trans-Siberian Express, a rail epic traversing eight time zones and 6,600 miles from Moscow to Vladivostok. Traveling in luxurious comfort aboard the gorgeously appointed Golden Eagle, we make our way through the magical wonderland that is Russia in winter. Instead of visiting Kazan as the warmer-season departures do, the Golden Eagle calls on Vladimir (with several of the most beautiful buildings in all of Russia) and the picturesque little town of Suzdal, a virtual garden of onion-domed churches. We also get to experience the high-spirited Lake Baikal Ice Festival and have the chance to go ice fishing, dogsledding, and snowmobiling on what many of us—and just about every Russian—consider the planet’s most intriguing and massively beautiful lake.
Itinerary at a Glance
- Day 1: arrive in Moscow
- Day 2: Moscow tour, board Golden Eagle, head east
- Day 3: tour of Vladimir and Suzdal
- Day 4: cross into Asia, tour Yekaterinburg
- Day 5: Novosibirsk
- Day 6: by rail into Vladivostok with onboard lectures, music, etc.
- Day 7: visit Irkutsk
- Day 8: to Lake Baikal, ice festival
- Day 9: to Ulan Ude, visit Old Believers village
- Day 10: explore Ulaanbaatar
- Days 11–13: by rail into Russian Far East with onboard lectures, music, etc.
- Day 14: reach Vladivostok, city tour, overnight at hotel
- Day 15: flights homeward.