Sri Lanka Explorer
Custom | 12 Days | Easy to Moderate Touring
- A fresh, exotic mix of palm-fringed beaches, rain forest, mountains, and fascinating cultures
- Discover exquisite frescoes at Sigiriya, an ancient fortress and UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Hike the lush, rolling hills of Tea Country
- Wildlife abounds, from Asian elephants and gray langurs to Macaque monkeys
Sri Lanka is an intensely beautiful, enthralling mix of cultures, languages, and religions (European explorers, Arab merchants, and Buddhist pilgrims have all left their mark). Jan Morris has praised its “overwhelmingly varied landscapes—landscapes seductive, grand, or intimate in turn, so intricately jammed together that in a morning’s journey you can pass from jungle to alp to classic tropical foreshore.” You may do just that on this customizable journey while taking in highlights like Dumballa (a pinnacle of Buddhist art) and Sinhalese dynastic wonders, archetypes of lost cities cut out of the jungle.
The entire trip—through India, Sri Lanka, and the Maldives—was beautifully balanced in terms of historical/cultural sites, accommodations (from luxury hotels to boutique properties), cultural exchange opportunities with locals, and timing. It was great to have the flexibility of tailoring the program... You truly made the trip come alive for me and most special!– Diana P.
Get a taste of Colombo, the capital, before heading into the Cultural Triangle, cradle of Theravada Buddhism and Sri Lanka’s Sinhala culture.
Guided visits to Anuradhapura, Sigiriya, and Polonnaruwa reveal centuries-old archaeological wonderlands, Sri Lanka’s first capital cities, a rock fortress, and world-renowned frescoes.
Discover Dambulla's impressive cave temples and the sacred city of Kandy, the last capital of the Sri Lankan kings, set on a majestic lake.
Meander the colonial fort town of Galle on foot The southwestern coast welcomes you with its fusion of European and Arabic cultural and architectural influences.
Delve into Colombo's blend of old and new, discovering its commercial district (called “Fort”) and Pettah, a noisy bazaar and hodgepodge of humanity, ancient vehicles, bargains, mosques, and temples Depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $7750 per person (Custom Trip)
(based on two travelers; valid through April 2018)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance