Machu Picchu & the Galápagos Islands
Custom | 12 Days | Easy to Moderate Touring and Active
- Combine two South American treasures into one incredible Custom Trip
- GeoEx tailors your itinerary and handles the complex logistics
- Behold masterful Incan stonework in Machu Picchu, Cusco, and the Sacred Valley
- Meet marine iguanas and giant tortoises on a Galápagos cruise
- Opt to add a Lima culinary tour, Amazon visit, time at a historic hacienda, and more
Boasting four UNESCO World Heritage Sites, there is no other adventure in our roster of South American ramblings that packs in such a variance of epic highlights. Combining the Incan heartland of Peru with a Galápagos voyage offers the richest combination of cultural and natural history imaginable. You can start by exploring colonial Cusco, the terraced ruins of Pisac, and jaw-dropping Machu Picchu, and then spend five days sailing the Enchanted Isles aboard a carefully selected ship encountering wondrous wildlife. But this is just a suggestion. We'll customize the itinerary to your interests and preferences.
The trip was amazing! My wife and I are now thoroughly spoiled…One could get used to the traveling care of Geographic Expeditions.– Frederick L.
After overnighting in Lima, jet to Cusco to walk its enchanting streets lined with Incan walls and full of Quechua-speaking descendants of the Incas.
Explore the Sacred Valley, from Pisac and Moray to Ollantaytambo, reveling in Incan fortresses and terraces, colorful markets, and indigenous villages.
Hike or ride the train to Machu Picchu, the crown jewel of Incan civilization Your private guide offers an inside look at the Lost City.
You're whisked by plane to Ecuador's coastal city of Guayaquil, where you gear up for a new adventure.
Fly to the Galápagos and embark on your cruise Commune with sea lions, blue-footed boobies, lava lizards, and other species during snorkeling, kayaking, and hiking outings with naturalist guides.
Watch for finches on Santa Cruz Island before flying to Guayaquil or Quito Depart for home.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered April–October
From $11,995 per person (Custom Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Shore landings, presentations, and activities per the vessel’s daily program
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, an expedition leader, lecturers/naturalists, and support staff during voyage
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance