Papua New Guinea
Custom | 13 Days | Easy to Moderate Touring
- Be among the few on earth to explore this distant, fertile island
- Interact with traditional Huli and Sepik people in their villages
- Discover lush Tari Valley, with its rich array of flora, including orchids
- Meander a jungle-clad waterway by riverboat, meeting locals as you go
- Follow this itinerary or we'll design one for you
Lush as a dream of green heaven, its air is filled with Picassoan birds, and its jungles, mountains, and people are cheerful citizens of one of the last earthly places where nature is an unrivaled hegemon. Papua New Guinea is a spirit-lifting place, but its people are the sweet surprise. Along with unprecedented natural scenery, you'll meet traditional Huli people in the gorgeous Tari Valley; enjoy encounters with river dwellers in Middle Sepik's lowland rain forest; and explore the island's highland villages before wrapping things up in Tufi, a beach-wandering, soul-soothing locale.
This was a trip of a lifetime. The people were so friendly and taught us so much about their culture. John and I didn't know what to expect and the whole experience was over the top. I truly feel I have taken another leap forward in my understanding of life.– Wendy M.
Alight in Port Moresby, then head to the high mountain forests of Tari and interact with traditionally dressed Huli in their home villages Marvel at hidden waterfalls and 12-plus birds-of-paradise species.
Traveling by riverboat in Arambak county, one of the country's most remote locales, visit jungle-fringed settlements See Sepik customs and stilt homes.
Time with the Kusumb, Melpa, and Hagen peoples reveals different ways of life Get to know the area’s unique ecology from your eye-caressing lodge on the slopes of Kum Mountain.
Relax in the spectacular beachside setting of Tufi, discovering coral reefs, kayaking, and body tattooing Return to Port Moresby and depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered March–November
From $7950 per person (Custom Trip)
Internal Air: $2075 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance