Nicaragua Family Explorer
Custom | 7 Days | Easy to Moderate Touring and Active
- An adventure that's custom-designed for your family: this itinerary is just a starting point
- Enjoy natural and cultural wonders
- Kayak, swim, hike, bike, horseback ride, and encounter wildlife
- Explore the volcanoes, petroglyphs, and traditional way of life of Isla de Ometepe
- Stay at one of Central America’s best luxury beach resorts
When it comes to Central American getaways, Nicaragua tops our list of underappreciated destinations. Perfect for a weeklong getaway, it dazzles with lovely colonial buildings, inviting beaches, impressive volcanoes, and lush lava landscapes (in which parrots appear with the frequency of our pigeons). Our fun, active family adventure focuses on the country's Pacific side, never straying far from the water, and drive times are kept short. There are opportunities to hike, swim, kayak, surf, horseback ride, and learn about history and local ways of life. Let our experts know what your dream family vacation looks like and we'll make the arrangements.
Traveling with kids can be challenging, and you have always accommodated my input. From start to finish, I feel secure with your organization.– Fiona C.
Fly into Managua, then venture to Laguna de Apoyo, set in a volcanic crater where you can swim, kayak, and meet monkeys and toucans In enchanting Granada, bike its colonial center and boat its forested islets.
Masaya and Mombacho Volcanoes set the stage for hiking, horseback riding, learning about hammock making, dancing to marimba, and possibly seeing roiling lava at nightfuall Boat to Isla de Ometepe.
Explore Lake Nicaragua's Isla de Ometepe, home to traditional farms, pre-Columbian relics, and two volcanoes with great hiking Travel to Mukul.
At Mukul, one of Central America's finest luxury resorts, you can take surfing lessons, private cruises, and nature walks, relax at the spa or in your tree house-like Bohio Return to Managua and depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered December–April & June–August
From $5685 per adult (Custom Trip)
From $5255 per child under 12 years old
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance