Morocco: From Casablanca to Marrakech
Group | 16 Days | Easy to Moderate Touring
- An unusually in-depth look into Morocco’s varied culture and landscapes
- Explore the colorful medinas of Fès, Essaouira, and Marrakech
- Sleep at sensational lodgings, including a Bedoin-style camp in the Sahara
- Delve into the incredible cuisine, with two highlight dinners and a cooking class
- Discover the Roman ruins of Volubilis and its still-sparkling mosaics
Brilliantly colorful, culturally compelling, and stunningly diverse, Morocco is a traveler’s dream. European flavors mingle beautifully with African roots. Snowcapped mountains and terraced fields share the landscape with walnut groves, Saharan dunes, and white-sand coastline. Medinas burst with color and activity not far from relaxing oases. This carefully crafted journey introduces you to Morocco’s unique history, glorious art, striking geography, and aromatic cuisine, revealing our favorite haunts and mint tea-sipping-spots along the way. Nights are spent in remarkable riads and elegant lodgings abounding with the gracious hospitality for which the country is known.
You've really got a great thing going at GeoEx. You are fantastic...I cannot thank you enough for all your support.– Sidney L.
After getting to know Casablanca, we head to Rabat, Meknès, and UNESCO-listed Volubilis, stopping to visit museums, casbahs, palaces, and mosques.
Fès, Morrocco's cultural and spiritual center, invites us into its pulsing, millennia-old medina, its tannery quarter, and zellij tile workshops Savor Fassi dishes with live music and local wine.
Journey through the Middle Atlas Mountains to a Bedouin-style camp in the Sahara for camel rides and star-filled skies Khamlia residents share gnaoua music, brought by slaves on trading caravans.
We visit the palm oasis of Skoura and Ouarzazate, home to Atlas Film Studios and the mud-brick city of Aït Benhaddou, before continuing to Taroudant.
The seaside town of Essaouira is picturesque collection of whitewashed walls and blue doors We wander its medina and beach and feast on fish.
Pass tree-climbing goats en route to Marrakech, where we delve into lively souks, a vast bazaar, and fabled Djemaa el Fna Enjoy a private art collection and cooking class Depart from Casablanca.
Please note: In 2018, this trip will be 13 days. We’ll travel from Ouarzazate directly to Marrakech, leaving out Taroudant and Essaouira.
Dates & Prices
9/16/17 – 10/1/17 (Guaranteed*)
4/9/18 – 4/21/18 (13-day itinerary)
10/3/18 – 10/15/18 (13-day itinerary)
*Departures labeled as guaranteed will not be cancelled due to low enrollment; you can sign up and be confident that your plans will not change.
From $9965 (Group Trip)
Single Supplement: $2300 (now 25 percent less)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader, local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance