Custom | 13 Days | Moderate Touring and Safari
- Explore a far less-visited safari destination
- Join experts for day and night walks to spot incredible wildlife, including lemurs
- Sunrise at the Avenue of the Baobabs
- Spend time with the Antadroy people, learning their ancient customs
- A trip tailored to you: this itinerary is just a starting point
Most of us are a little hipper to Madagascar than Marco Polo, who almost seven centuries ago called it “… one of the greatest and richest Isles of the World . . .” The country, which drifted away from Africa 60 million years ago, continues to amaze its relatively few visitors with rampant greenery, sweet beaches, reefs, forests, and exotic wildlife—80 percent of which is found nowhere else (including its 30 species of signature lemurs). This customizable journey introduces you to its natural wonders in the company of expert guides and luxury lodgings.
Ajajajvy was probably the most wonderful place I have ever stayed. Loved being surrounded by lemurs and private beaches, great food and the kindest staff.– Lori B.
Arrive in Antananarivo, the 400-year-old highland capital commonly called Tana.
After driving to Andasibe-Mantadia National Park, spot lemurs and other diurnal and nocturnal species on guided rain-forest hikes Kick back in rustic bungalows at Vakona Forest Lodge.
A private charter flight whisks you the Mandrare River area for wildlife walks and drives, as well as music and dancing Learn customs of the Antadroy people and visit a market.
Fly to Morondava to explore the fascinating Kirindy Forest and Avenue of the Baobabs Outings may reveal the fossa (Madagascar’s largest carnivorous mammal) and the narrow-striped mongoose.
After landing in Anjajavy, settle into your Relais & Chateaux hotel Discover caves, beaches, birds, and reptiles Fly home from Antananarivo.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $16,690 per person (Custom Trip)
(above pricing includes internal flights on this sample itinerary)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance