||Call 888-570-7108 for custom extension options
Our meticulously crafted Essence of a Continent offers a romantic introduction to Kenya, taking you to some of its most vast wildlife reserves and intimate safari camps. Not only does this trip reveal incredible animals, it showcases the country’s fantastic variety of culture and landscape. You begin your adventure at Campi ya Kanzi (Kiswahili for “camp of the hidden treasure”), a Maasai ranch that spans a quarter of a million acres from the Chyulu Hills to the foothills of Kilimanjaro.
After being treated to superb game viewing, you continue your safari in the Masai Mara, one of the world’s most thrilling game parks. You four-wheel-drive through the bush, spotting exotic critters with the help of expert trackers, then sleep in tents nestled on the banks of the Mara River. Next you venture to the Laikipia Plateau for bush walks and communing with the Maasai and Samburu. Your final stop is in the Northern Frontier District, home to the planet’s largest population of endangered Grevy’s zebra. At the Lewa Conservancies, you watch wildlife by foot and vehicle, and while sipping sundowners on the deck. Throughout the trip, you’ll be treated to tremendous local knowledge and wildlife expertise, along with great personal attention and fine cuisine.
Itinerary at a Glance
- Day 1: arrive in Nairobi
- Day 2: fly to Chyulu Hills and Campi Ya Kanzi
- Day 3: wildlife viewing in Chyulu Hills
- Day 4: fly to Masai Mara
- Days 5 & 6: Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Day 7: fly to Laikipia Plateau
- Day 8: Laikipia Plateau bush walks, Maasai and Samburu culture
- Day 9: fly to Northern Frontier District
- Days 10 & 11: Wildlife and relaxing in Lewa Conservancies
- Day 12: fly back to and depart Nairobi.