||Grand Tour of Asia, Indonesia
||Sailing, Cultural Tour
||Call 888-570-7108 for custom extension options
Our dear friend Patti Seery has spent the past couple of decades building friendships with local villagers, craftspeople, and kings throughout the Indonesian archipelago. Sailing in tremendous comfort and style aboard Patti’s custom-made yacht, the winsome Silolona, we take advantage of her unsurpassed knowledge and her infectious passion, getting a rare look at some of the most beautiful and remote of the archipelago’s thousands of islands and a chance to meet their cheery and welcoming people.
We begin in wondrous and serene Bali, as fine a place as any on earth to repair the wears of travel. Now aboard the Silolona, we sail west into the Flores Sea to Komodo, famed for its dragons (which we’ll get an exciting gawk at), and then on to the Northern Islands for an extensive island-hopping adventure, sailing mostly at night, delving into rare cultures and biosystems, turquoise bays, stunning reefs, and deserted pink (and red, white, etc.) beaches. We get deep into the islands’ distinct local cultures, exploring and meeting Patti’s many local friends along the way. And, at voyage’s end, we celebrate with a traditional farewell ceremony in West Sumba.
Itinerary at a Glance
- Day 1: arrive in Bali, Ubud Villa
- Day 2: Bali rest day, Ubud Villa
- Day 3: fly to Flores Island, transfer to Silolona, sail to Komodo
- Days 4–10: sailing to the Northern Islands, Rinca Island, Padar Island, Gili Lawah Darat Gili Lawah Laut, Batu Muncul, Banta Island, East Sumba (Waingapu) and West Sumba (Waikelo)
- Day 11: fly from Flores to Bali, return to USA.
Additional Options: Contact us at 800-777-8183 for information on additional sailings aboard the Silolona, or its sister ship, the Si Datu Bua.