||Call 888-570-7108 for custom extension options
Our India expert Kirk Uhrlaub raves about the country—its wild colors and flavors, bustling streets, rural villages, exotic wildlife, and wonderful people. But as a family destination? “They don’t get much better,” he says, explaining that with a little help from us, families can experience India’s fascinating complexity and wonders, all the while feeling well fed and rested, happily entertained, and altogether at ease.
You’ll begin with an exploration of Delhi on foot and by rickshaw, winding through the best of the city and gaining perspective from a former street child. Then head to Agra to meet rescued sloth bears and feast your eyes on the storied, shimmering Taj Mahal. Next, venture off the beaten track in the Rajasthan countryside, discovering the abandoned capital of Fatehpur Sikri (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) and bedding down in Ramathra’s ancient fort-turned-hotel—sure to spark the imagination of kids and adults alike. After visiting untouristed farming villages and geological formations by jeep and camel cart, wrap up your trip in pink-hued Jaipur, visiting architectural marvels, making kites with local friends, shopping the bazaar, and safariing atop elephants. For even more adventure, add our two-day extension to Ranthambore, India’s famous tiger reserve.
See our brochure to compare all the
2013 GeoEx Family Trips ►
Itinerary at a Glance
- Day 1: arrive in Delhi
- Days 2 & 3: Delhi by rickshaw, foot, and treasure hunt; pigeon racing; walk with a former street child
- Day 4: drive to Agra, Taj Mahal at sunset
- Day 5: Agra Fort, old town stroll
- Day 6: drive to Fatehpur Sikri and Ramathra
- Day 7: Ramathra Fort, countryside by jeep and camel cart
- Day 8: drive to Jaipur with Rajasthani village visit
- Day 9: Amer Fort, elephant safari
- Day 10: explore Jaipur sights and bazaar, kite making
- Day 11: fly to Delhi and homeward.
- Optional Game Park Extension:
Please ask us about our two-day extension to Ranthambore National Park, India’s most famous tiger park, where you’ll stay in the Oberoi Vanyavilas tented camp, recently voted the world’s best hotel by Travel + Leisure readers.