||Cultural Tour, Day Hiking, Food and Wine
We revel in the beauty of Georgia's snowcapped mountains, fall head over heels for its storybook villages and medieval watchtowers, and relish in the hospitality of its warm and gracious residents who are always ready to share with us cheese-filled khachapuri and plenty of vino—after all, Georgia is the birthplace of winemaking.
Your self-paced journey begins and ends in Tbilisi, a bustling capital filled with centuries-old churches and modern nightclubs. En route you may visit some of Georgia's dozen-plus UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the stunningly remote mountain villages of Ushguli; explore the excavated cave monastery of Vardzia; and meander among the various cultural museums in tree-lined Kutaisi, all while accompanied by top-notch guides.
Itinerary at a Glance
- Day 1: arrive in Tbilisi
- Day 2: explore Tbilisi
- Day 3: drive to Kutaisi via Mtskheta and Uplistikhe
- Day 4: tour Kutaisi, drive to Mestia
- Day 5: look around Mestia, travel to Ushguli
- Day 6: discover Ushguli's fabled towers and town, return to Mestia
- Day 7: scenic drive to Kutaisi
- Day 8: excursion to Vardzia and cave city
- Day 9 : return to Tbilisi via Gori
- Day 10: depart Tbilisi or extend your journey