||Cultural Tour, Day Hiking, Biking, Rafting
||Call 888-570-7108 for custom extension options
China is modernizing at a rapid pace, but this massive country still boasts rustic charms, exquisite landscapes, and a rich history awaiting further exploration. On our 14-day family journey you'll uncover much of this hugely diverse land, touring its largest cities, floating idly on bamboo rafts down one of its most stunning rivers (basking all the while in the beauty of nearby limestone mountains), playing games of Mahjong, and learning the ancient martial art of Tai Chi.
Kick things off in bustling Beijing, one of the world's most populous urban centers and renowned for its palaces, gardens, and temples. Immerse yourself in history during visits to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City, and marvel at China's Great Wall, so much greater in person than you ever expected. Then by plane to Xian to view the profoundly impressive Terracotta Army and its less-visited brother, the Hanyangling Tomb. You can try your hand at calligraphy and practice dumpling making with a culinary expert. Next, continue by land and air to the regions of Chengdu, Yangshuo, and Longsheng, stopping en route at a panda breeding center and traditional ethnic villages. Lastly, head to exhilarating Shanghai to contemplate ancient Chinese art at the Shanghai Museum and share your travel stories over a farewell dinner.
See our brochure to compare all the
2013 GeoEx Family Trips ►
Itinerary at a Glance
- Days 1–3: Beijing, including Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Great Wall
- Days 4 & 5 : fly to Xian, Terracotta Warriors, dumpling making
- Day 6: biking, play Mahjong with locals, fly to Chengdu
- Days 7 & 8: panda breeding center, Jinsha ruins, fly to Guilin, drive to Yangshuo
- Day 9: Yulong River by bike and raft, painting lesson
- Days 10 & 11: drive to Longsheng, hiking, visit village and school
- Days 12–14: fly to Shanghai, Shanghai Museum, bazaar, French Concession area, depart for home.