Chile North to South
Custom | 12 Days | Easy to Moderate Touring and Hiking
- Visit three regions: Patagonia, Lake District, and Atacama Desert
- Hiking, rafting, and horseback riding by day, elegant lodges by night
- Support conservation efforts of the future Patagonia National Park
- Handy extensions to Torres del Paine, Easter Island, and Chiloé Island
Long before poets like Alonso de Ercilla y Zuniga paid tribute to Chile, nature engaged in some inspired poetic license in creating this elegantly thin, magnificently varied land. This infinitely customizable, end-to-end journey introduces you to its many wonders, from the super-remote mountains of the Aysén region to the fertile farms, rushing rivers, and dense woodlands of the Lake District to the otherworldly Atacama Desert. You'll be among the first to explore the conservation work at the future Patagonia National Park on awe-inspiring, guanaco-dotted hikes.
It was a pleasure to work with Jennine last summer to develop the details of our itinerary. I felt very comfortable asking a million questions and getting our trip planned just right. The itinerary pace and order of regions visited exceeded our expectations. Jennine demonstrated that she knows Chile very well.– Arthur T.
After a good look at Santiago, Chile’s thriving capital, fly to the Aysén A drive through jagged mountains and past lakes and glacier-fed streams takes you to the isolated Chacabuco Valley.
Discover the future Patagonia National Park on hikes through glaciated landscapes punctuated by waterfalls, alpine lakes, wildflowers, and birds, and learn about conservation with experts.
Fly to Puerto Montt and base your Lake District adventures from a sophisticated, riverside hacienda Hike a volcano or go biking, fishing, or rafting.
Excursions by foot, horse, raft, and kayak reveal the Lake District's gorgeous patchwork of peaks and lakes that’s crisscrossed by farms, forest, German-flavored towns, and Mapuche settlements.
Wing your way to the lunar-like Atacama Desert to admire sprawling salt flats, 20,000-foot volcanoes, steaming geysers, and Aymara villages Return home via Santiago.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered November–March
From $9260 per person (Custom Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance