Nepal & Tibet Custom Treks
Custom | 14 Days | Moderate to Rigorous Trekking
- Take in the Himalaya on a trek crafted according to your interests, time frame, and experience
- Fully-supported expeditions with exceptional guides, top-notch equipment, and excellent food
- Opt for deluxe camping or comfortable lodges
- Opportunities to explore cultural treasures, including hard-to-reach pilgrimage sites
- Revel in the Jokhang Temple in Lhasa and the UNESCO World Heritage Site Kathmandu Valley
Our ties to these Himalayan stunners go back almost as long as we can remember: Many GeoEx old-timers initiated their travel lives in Nepal, and GeoEx got its start in Tibet. We know both regions deeply and love taking travelers on treks amid their plunging gorges, ice citadels, and vast, thin-air deserts. The possibilities are wide-ranging, from venturing to Kangchenjunga near India and hiking in Mustang on the central Tibetan borderlands to trekking to sacred Mount Kailash in western Tibet—all in good GeoEx style, with the utmost attention to safety and great respect for high beauty and living cultures.
Our Nepalese cook was excellent. He provided us with very good meals in most difficult conditions. I loved his dal and pasta preparations!– Ravindra V.
Lodge-to-Lodge in the Annapurna Foothills (7 Days): Starting near Pokhara, hike from terraced rice fields and gorgeous valleys through old-growth forests with orchids to a ridge with expansive views of the Annapurna range. Along the way you can linger in Ghandruk, a village known for its rug weavers.
Tsum Valley Trek (14–21 Days): Travel from Hindu villages in steamy forests up through dramatic canyons to the Tsum Valley, one of the eight Himalayan beyuls (sacred, hidden Buddhist lands), recently opened to trekkers. Ascend to Mu Gompa, a monastery founded in 1895, and jaw-dropping mountain views.
Kingdom of Mustang Explorer (13 Days): A rare immersion into the high-desert landscapes, walled fortress-villages, sandstone cliffs and caves, and treasure-filled monasteries of the Kingdom of Mustang, one of the last remnants of ancient Tibet. Enjoy inspired rambles and a little trekking.
Annapurna Sanctuary Trek (19 Days): This sensational, classic trek moves along well-traveled footpaths, past small villages and steeply terraced fields, up ridges and through the breathtaking Modi Khola Gorge to finally reach the gob-stopping cirque below the massive south face of Annapurna.
The Great Route to Everest (24 Days): This lodge-to-lodge trek ventures off the much-trod trail into the heart of the Himalaya, offering ample time the soak up the "Goddess of the Sky." Hike through the high Khumbu's glaciers, lakes, and savage mountain scenery, passing Cho La before reaching Everest Base Camp and 18,188-foot Kala Patter, her most spectacular view point.
Dates & Prices
Custom Nepal treks offered March–May & September–November;
Custom Tibet treks offered June–September
Please call 888-570-7108 for information on sample itineraries, pricing, route options, and best time to go.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a local guides, drivers, porters and other trek/camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance