Fly & Cruise Antarctica
Group | 8 Days | Moderate Cruise
- An 8- or 10-day trip, flying to and from Antarctica
- A comfortable cruise without crossing the often-stormy Drake Passage
- A comprehensive expedition to the Antarctic Peninsula
- Zodiac excursions bring you close to wildlife and stunning ice-scapes
- Add a private extensions to Chile or Argentina
If you are short on time or unsure about crossing the Drake Passage by ship (twice), you can reach the White Continent with a two-hour flight, then have four (or six) full days to explore this spectacular land. Savor sculpted rock and ice-scapes, visit huge penguin rookeries and watch pods of whales at play—a sampling of everything that the Antarctic Peninsula and the South Shetland Islands have to offer. And along the way, you can attend lectures about Antarctica and gain insight from onboard experts about its hardy wildlife and dazzling environment.
The entire trip was fantastic. Antarctica was amazing. It is so beautiful in its starkness and vastness: the mountains, glaciers, icebergs, snow, penguins, and whales...wow! All of the staff and crew were superb. I cannot thank you enough for all your superb suggestions and guidance. We would have had a very different experience without your expertise.– Ann S.
Arrive Punta Arenas, Chile, settle into an atmospheric hotel, and enjoy a welcome dinner.
Fly to King George Island, board the ship, and embark from the South Shetlands on your expeditionary cruise.
Cruise Antarctica, making Zodiac landings to explore, communing with huge colonies of penguins, watching soaring seabirds, spotting graceful whales and playful seals, and learning from experts.
Disembark on King George Island and fly to Punta Arenas, where you overnight before catching your flights home or onward.
On the 10-day itinerary, spend 2 additional days in Antarctica and cross the Antarctic Circle, all the while spending more quality time with the local wildlife.
Dates & Prices
Offered December–February; request trip details for specific dates.
From $10,995 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Shore landings, presentations, and activities per the vessel’s daily program
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of an expedition leader, lecturers/naturalists, and support staff during voyage
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance