Bhutan is finally appearing on the radar of adventurous travelers, but we’ve long believed it to be too compelling a destination to miss. We’re confident that because of our long experience in the country, our deep affection for it, and the matchless know-how we bring to it, no company can showcase Bhutan like GeoEx.
Unrivaled Experience & Knowledge
GeoEx took its first group to Bhutan in 1985, and we have been leading trips, crafting itineraries, and nurturing our in-country connections ever since. Our own Brent Olson has traveled to Bhutan more than 45 times, and some 20 other GeoEx staff members (read their blogs) have also explored the kingdom widely, bringing back important, on-the-ground information.
Personal, Highly Individualized Service
We are there for you from our first conversation to your return home, sharing our insider information, discussing the ins and outs of your Bhutan trip, arranging complex flight routings, and stepping in should the need arise. You can expect:
- one‐on‐one conversations with Bhutan experts, addressing questions and individual needs and interests.
- flight-booking assistance from our in-house, full-service air team.
- trip extensions tailored to your interests and preferences. (Angkor Wat, for example, makes a great tie in.)
The Best Trip Leaders & Guides
Since the start, we’ve worked with the best local representative in Bhutan, folks responsible for shaping their country's fledgling tourism industry. Many of our leaders—all trained to exacting standards—were among the first licensed guides in the country. Together we ensure that you're well taken care of and get the most out of your trip.
Unparalleled Flexibility & Insider Access
You can join one of our Small-Group Trips or have a Bhutan expert pull from countless options to create a Custom Trip just for you and your companions. Either way, you'll appreciate our knack for providing special access to unique events, people, and places. From arranging dinner with local dignitaries to getting inside local homes and restricted temples, we open doors that other companies simply cannot.
Unique Itineraries in Little-Visited Regions
GeoEx knows how (and loves) to take travelers off the typical routes in Bhutan, reaching more distant, rarely visited, wonderfully enchanting regions. For example, we trek with one of our longtime guides to his ancestral home in captivating central Bhutan, and we venture far into eastern Bhutan for beautiful and spectacularly unusual Himalayan experiences amid the kingdom's remote vales and hospitable Brokpa yak herders.
Value & Quality That's a Step Above
We urge you to look below the price tag. GeoEx trip pricing includes:
- top-notch hotels and trekking equipment
- private ground transport
- expert guide services
- most meals
- Bhutan visa fees
- staff tips (other than for your GeoEx trip leader)
- government royalties
- assistance with booking flights
- assistance with Druk Air check-in
- medical and evacuation insurance
Additionally, the hotels, trekking gear, vehicles, and ground staff that we carefully research and select are a step up from what most other companies offer, and a whole leap above what the standard daily tariff will buy.
Exceptional Attention to Care & Safety
GeoEx has one of the industry’s most comprehensive risk management programs, and our equipment and ground staff in Bhutan are part of the picture.
- All of our trip leaders have undergone first responder training.
- Our in-country representative is the logistics coordinator for iSOS and Travel Guard in Bhutan.
- We carefully select safe trekking routes, well-trained staff, top-notch gear, and experienced trip leaders who know how to manage staff and are able to make smart calls on the trail.
Nobody has your back better than we do.