Managing Director for the Americas
"I love Latin America because it’s like the Wild West: anything and everything is possible,” says Jennine. After 15 years traveling there, she still revels in its pioneering spirit and mélange of European, African, and indigenous cultures.
Ever since her first forays in Latin America more than a decade ago—living in Costa Rica and guiding rafting trips—Jennine returns several times each year. “There’s so much to discover,” she says, “so many ways to delve deeper.” From Cuba to Patagonia, Jennine seeks out exceptional insider experiences and researches all the details, including how to seamlessly connect remote regions and which hotel room has the best view. She also keeps an eye on conservation, tracking emerging eco-lodges and serving on the board of directors for the International Galápagos Tour Operators Association (IGTOA).
While thriving on outdoor adventure, Jennine also appreciates the finer elements of Latin America, and she excels at combining the two for her travelers. She’s arranged for mountain hikes to be followed by vineyard wine tastings in Argentina, bike rides along Ipanema’s beach before a chef-led cooking class in Brazil, and conversations with coffee farmers before river rafting in Colombia.
“I love really getting to know our guests,” Jennine explains, “and then setting up experiences that are just right for them.” She's lined up curator tours at Salta's archaeology museum, meetings with journalists in Havana, walks with a Gabriel García Márquez expert in Cartagena, adventures across the salt pans of Bolivia, a shaman ceremony at Tikal, private dinners at UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Quito, a hands-on lesson with a famous percussionist in Salvador, and multigenerational trips in Peru with activity options that excited the kids as well as the grandparents.
In The Press
Jennine has been featured as a trusted expert by such companies as Travel + Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler, CBS, and ABC. These articles include:
- Why “Transformative Travel” Will Be the Travel Trend of 2017 (Vogue)
- From Snow Leopards in India to Greenland’s Glaciers: 9 Endangered Sites to Visit in 2017 (Vogue)
- Commercial Flights to Resume to Cuba, Expect More Convenience and Lower Fares (Forbes)
- The 14 Coolest Places to Visit in 2016 (Forbes)
- 8 Things We're Going to Do as Soon as We're Able to Go to Cuba (Yahoo Travel)
- Do Millennials Use Travel Agents and Tour Guides? (Condé Nast Traveler)
- Travel to Cuba: What You Need to Know (Travel+Leisure)
- The Tourist Influx to Cuba Is About to Begin (Fortune)
- Adventure Travel Taps Into the Family Market (Travel Age West)
- The Caribbean Advisor: The Cuba Factor (Travel Weekly)
- Things to Know Before Traveling to Cuba (ABC 7 News)
- A Cornucopia of Flavors (Smart Meetings)
- Latin America: Tour Operators Do the Talking (Recommend)
“Huge thanks and appreciation to Jennine Cohen, who thoughtfully planned and ensured that our trip would be just perfect for our family. She did not miss a thing.” – Carol S.